Wednesday, March 27, 2013

1 Year Old!

Today's the day! (Well, technically tomorrow, but by the time you read this it will be today.)



A year ago last night, we took this photo of Katy.


And that same night, on a whim, I packed a hospital bag - well in advance, I thought, of the day we would need it.

A year ago this morning between 7 and 8am, Katy was having irregular contractions, and I was dutifully trying to time them. (I learned this, I'm sure, from a book or two - though my real mentors were countless panicked movie dads doing - or trying to do - the same thing.)  After 20 minutes of trying to figure out if they were actually contractions, we realized that it was Go-Time and I threw bags, car seats, and car bases into the car without a clue, of course, that we wouldn't sleep in our own beds for another two weeks.


At 12:06pm and 12:08pm, Noemi and Zora were born.



Noey




Zozo trying on her first "shoes"


And now here they are, 1 year old.

Zora tussles with waterbottle

Noey tries out the drum (oddly enough sponsored by Jeep)




It's been a very full year.  And it's hard to express how different life is, how happy and lucky we feel.

It's also hard to express how tired we still are.
And how the year has both flown by and been the longest, happiest year of our lives.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.