Thursday, June 6, 2013

In the Park

Although it's more evidence that having babies really does obliterate your ability to carry on an interesting conversation, I just have to talk about the weather. This spring has been fantastic! Most days have been in the 70s with sunshine and blue skies. The grass is green, the flowers are blooming, and the strawberries are just now turning red. To top it off, we have a family of baby birds just outside our dining room window! I try to ignore the pile of bird poop and dissuade Twyla the Cat from making them her afternoon snack as I listen to their tiny chirps.

Mike has been working long hours to prepare for the second summer of Real Food Rising and I've been trying to teach myself new tech tricks as I prep my first online course. But last weekend we took a break to head to Liberty Park with the girls (and Mowgli). They loved watching a little boy fly a kite, listening to the hippie drummers, investigating pine cones, and pigpiling on Dada. Mama and Dada loved the frozen custard shake (snack bar's open!). Here are a few pics from my phone:





And a bonus shot of Mike at the RFR farm a couple weeks ago, just as the crops started coming up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.