But the other night, as I sat watching Z & N fall asleep after the first day of school, their skinny tan legs akimbo on the sheets, my heart felt a little heavy. Just for a moment, I got a feeling that I would soon know the phrase "how time flies" much more intimately. Pre-K will give way to Kindergarten and elementary school and after-school activities and sleepovers and their own sets of friends and their own rooms (if they're lucky) and hours spent off by themselves doing lord only knows (reading, if either is anything like me). And I am beyond excited about all of that, I really am, but a little nervous. And a little happy that parenting won't always feel so interminable, and a little sad. Hurry up and slow down now time, please.
![]() |
| Heading off to Pre-K at Pine Cobble School |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.