Sunday, November 27, 2011

Katy's Not Throwing Up (as much)! & Maternity Clothes

 Katy getting strength from Mowgli & Twyla.
Hi all.  It's Mike.   Logging on for my first blog post in this whole baby adventure. 

What can I tell you?   Well, Katy has been a trooper.  The little turnip (that's the piece of produce that books are telling us to compare her/him to now) caused Katy to be involved in some serious daily ab workouts from week 6 to week 14.  Weeks 6 to 10 were really bad.  She was always nauseous and usually on the verge of heaving (I have learned that those are two different things.)  It was difficult watching her rush (or sometimes, when she had more time, todder) to the bathroom for her morning vomit.  After week 10 or so, though her nausea came and went throughout the day, her morning vomit usually was just another morning ritual that helped her get a start to the day- like coffee or reading the paper.  I will spare you further illustration of her wretching (yes, I have moved on to the thesaurus for new fun ways to say "throw up"); though I have amassed enough material during weeks 5-17 to continue on for another 4 posts. 

We had a nice visit from Meg and Jon two weeks ago.  And Katy and Meg went out looking at maternity clothes while Jon and I decided that a ceiling light needed to be replaced.  What stalwart husbands we are!   Katy came back with some nice Old Navy maternity gear.  And then this week, we received two boxes in the mail from Katy's college friend, Renee, with some baby clothes and a number of  fashionable maternity tops and decently fashionable maternity pants with a less-than-fashionable maternity waistbands.  (Note to those looking for Christmas presents - Katy may be good-to-go on maternity clothes.  I'll let her confirm or deny that in her next post.)

We've also begun looking into cribs and are overwhelmed at the array and cost of these little wooden baby-sleeping places.  Katy spent a good deal of the afternoon searching online for them; and I finally decided that I needed to tear her away when her pupils turned into little black cribs. 

That's all for now.  I'll leave you with this photo to meditate on.  Perhaps from Halloween, perhaps Katy showing off some of her new maternity clothes, and perhaps from a work luncheon in the lobbying world.  You are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.